FWD: Encryption for Newton

Plaz plaz at netcom.com
Tue May 31 15:45:03 PDT 1994

An interesting tidbit for those who are watching out for Newton Encryption
and Privacy solutions:

> From: R._Braithwaite-Lee at magic-bbs.corp.apple.com
> Newsgroups: comp.sys.newton.misc
> Subject: Encryption for Newton
> Date: 31 May 1994 14:13:24 -0500
> Hello:
>
> On June 1, 1994, CustomWare of Toronto will be releasing a freeware newton
> application called "nCrypt". nCrypt provides "strong" encryption for newton
> objects including notes and names.
>
> The freeware version of nCrypt will provide password protection for newton
> objects and is intended for use as a personal privacy utility. A commercial
> version to follow will also implement "public key" protocols for digital
> signature authentication and key distribution similar to PowerTalk,
> RIPEM/SIG, PGP and RIPEM.
>
> nCrypt also suppports "drop in" encryption modules for adding compatibility
> with other encryption systems.
>
> Interested developers may contact CustomWare about writing encryption
> modules or for testing their apps with nCrypt for compatibility. The
> algorithms used by nCrypt will be made available in a technical note for
> review. There may even be another of those cash prizes for breaking the
> system...
>
> Contact Reginald Braithwaite-Lee or Andrew Bartle:
>
> Compu$erve: 73114,2055
> Internet: 73114.2055 at compuserve.com (temporary)
> Telephone: +1 416 410 0675
> Facsimile: +1 416 932 8304
> AppleLink: CUSTOMWARE
> SnailMail: 1111-200 Dufferin Street, Toronto, ON, Canada, M6K 1Z4
>
> Regards,
> Reginald !:-)
>
> Public Key Fingerprint: D8 B8 C1 D0 DD 56 20 B4  06 A2 81 83 87 E8 8B 64
> (Send message with subject "HELP" to pgp-public-keys at pgp.ox.ac.uk)

Geoff Dale         -- Cypherpunk/Extropian --         Plastic Beethoven
AnarchyPPL - Anarch (Adjudicator)      ExI-Freegate Virtual Branch Head
plaz at netcom.com                                        66 Pyramid Plaza
plaz at io.com                             Freegate, Metaverse at io.com 7777
"You don't greet Death, you punch him in the throat repeatedly as he drags
you away.  I think John Wayne said it best when he said, 'Fuck Death and
the lung cancer he rode in on.'" - Denis Leary