http://digicash.support.nl = NULL

Sidney Markowitz sidney at apple.com
Tue May 31 11:12:24 PDT 1994

[Harry Bartholomew wrote about problems accessing digicash web page via lynx.]

It looks to me like the web page requires Mosaic forms support. I could see
a little bit more than you did using MacMosaic, which shows the pictures
but doesn't support forms. It was a bit confusing, since I could see a
number of entries for things with prices next to them, such as $5 for the
e-cash software and $0.25 for "information". I couldn't tell how you are
supposed to get either of those without either the software or at least the
information. Maybe someone who has X or Windows Mosaic can tell us more
about what's there. I sent e-mail to the info e-mail address that the page
mentioned and got back the following. (I sent just the word "info" in the
subject and body of the message.) What I find strange about it is that it
looks like an automated reply, but it is asking me to reply as if the mail
will be read by a human. Another interesting thing about it is that Chaum
does not include consumers in his list, just people who are interested in
selling products or clearing money.

After reading all of the copies of the digicash press announcement that
were sent to this list, I'm a bit hesitant to post this, but what the heck.
Following is the reply I got back from info at digicash.nl:

[begin quote]