IMP (was Re: ecash-info (fwd))

Eric Hughes hughes at ah.com
Mon May 30 22:23:43 PDT 1994

   I figure that somebody acted. Somebody wrote code. Is it shipping? I have a
   product I'm dying to sell this way right now.

I'd like to hear something about this.  If you don't want to talk
about the product or it's means of delivery, fine.  We're talking
finance here now.  My questions are:

Total yearly expected revenue -- gives an idea about how much revenue
is available to create intermediation.

Distribution of buyers of the transactions -- is this more like a
vending machine or a subscription service?  A question of relative
efficiency between identifier systems and cash systems.

Total number of transactions -- gives an idea of the cost per
transaction and the amount of capability to provide that number of
transactions.

Distribution of the amounts of the transactions -- are the amounts
fixed, clustered, flat, or what?  This also affects the relative
efficiency of various systems.

Distribution in time of the transactions -- another cost-to-
rovide
figure; peak load is important.

If you don't want to discuss this in public, I also understand.

Eric