Unicorn vs. tmp at netcom

Jay Prime Positive jpp at jpplap.markv.com
Thu May 26 08:45:14 PDT 1994

  Well there is a distinction to be made between the law, and the
government.  Today, the government claims a (virtual) monopoly on the
law*.  Thus resort to the law today must almost always also be a
resort to governemt.  So, we cannot tell from outside if Unicorn's
'master' is government, or law.  Perhaps we should ask him?

  On the other hand, I certainly agree that 'kicking folks when they
are down' is not nice.  Especially if it is done in a premeditated
manner.  But you didn't sugest that -- did you?

  Btw, is cyber1 at io.org by any chance another nym for tmp at netcom.com?

  * Footnote: Arbitration services are almost a seperate law, but
generaly their 'teeth' come ultimately from government monopoly on
force.  It is posible to imagin arbitration services with shaper
teeth.

  I supose that criminal organizations which chalange the government's
monopoly on force could provide an example of alternative law.  Hmm.
Didn't you mention something about that kind of law being cheaper to
access?

j'