MIT has released PGP

Duncan Frissell frissell at panix.com
Wed May 25 06:36:07 PDT 1994

On Wed, 25 May 1994, Perry E. Metzger wrote:

> It does. It appears that under the ITAR, giving technical information
> on munitions to an alien in the U.S. is equivalent to export. I know
> its insane. Its an obvious violation of the first amendment. It is
> none the less in the regulations.
>
> Perry

So all those aliens who want to legally receive "munitions" within the US
can form a US "corporation, business association, partnership, society,
trust, or any other entity organization or group including governmental
entities" and have that institution which would legally be a "US person"
receive the "munitions."

In fact, I think that the multiplication of entities can be a useful
tool.  Transfering your car or your assault rifles to corporations formed
in convenient jurisdictions can be a good way to dodge regulations that
apply to "persons" within a particular jurisdiction.  Note that under the
current assault weapons control legislation you are supposed to record
the sale of your weapons over time.  If they are owned by a corporation,
they need never be transfered.  The corporation can be transferred instead.

DCF

"If I join the Haitian Legion will they let me keep my assault rifles."