Graph isomorphism based PK cryptosystems?

Jay Prime Positive jpp at jpplap.markv.com
Tue May 24 22:52:35 PDT 1994

   Date: Tue, 24 May 1994 18:11:51 -0400
   From: "Perry E. Metzger" <perry at imsi.com>

   There was a powerful result a while back concerning public key systems
   based on NP complete problems

Hmm.  Was it the set of 'super increasing' knapsack problems?

   It would be cool to hear about your graph isomorphism based system in
   any case.

I only worry that if I publish, it could be patented.  And I don't
want the algorithm to end up in the hands of the software patent
folks.  Especially if they will be making money off it, and I wont.

Solutions?

   Perry