patch to PGP 2.6

Eric Hughes hughes at ah.com
Tue May 24 18:27:55 PDT 1994

   > Another thing a patched 2.3 release would have to do to be fully
   > indistinguishable is to generate new version numbers itself after the
   > given date.

   Is "indistinguishability" the point or "interoperability"?

Reference is not advocacy.

I was speaking of what was necessary to ensure indistinguishability.
If that is your goal, then this is directly relevant.  If not, then it
may be beside the point.

The change in version numbers seems to have two effects, both of which
I addressed.  Use these statements as they are appropriate to your
goals.

Eric

P.S. The "you" is the general "you".