Is crypto cash patented?

James A. Donald jamesd at netcom.com
Fri May 20 09:12:35 PDT 1994

We can now legally us freely redistributable RSA code, subject
to certain restrictions, inside and outside the US.

This was never a problem for users but it was big problem for
writers.

Mosaic will include PGP in the fall, providing a user
friendly interface to PGP.

One problem remains.  I seem to recall that token based crypto
cash has been patented.  Does anyone have any comments or
knowledge on the status of these patents and their relevance
to magic money.

If you are going to say magic money is illegal everywhere it
might be preferable to mail me directly rather than to state
it on the list.

                   |  We have the right to defend ourselves and our
James A. Donald    |  property, because of the kind of animals that we
jamesd at netcom.com  |  the arbitrary power of the omnipotent state.