Dr Dobbs "CD ROM"

Matthew Gream mgream at acacia.itd.uts.edu.au
Sun May 15 19:25:26 PDT 1994

Curiously; thumbing through the last issue of Dr Dobbs (April
94 -- it just made it into the newsagents here), I notice their
CD ROM for sale (well, I've seen it in previous issues, but
just thought about the point I'm going to make now).

Considering that previous issues of Dr Dobbs have contained
cryptographic algorithms (ie. Nov '93 -- scheiner & IDEA), and
this CD ROM makes the code available, then how did they get an
export license -- if indeed they did ?  The order form for the
CD ROM states "add $x.xx if outside US or Canada", so their
market is clearly international.

Does anyone have this CD ROM, is the code in "ready to compile"
form, is it all there ?

Matthew.

--
Matthew Gream