The Wisdom of Stuart A. Baker

Graham Toal gtoal at an-teallach.com
Thu May 12 17:34:07 PDT 1994

	> Says Stewart A. Baker, Chief Counsel for the NSA, writes in Wired:

	But not for long... I understand he's resigned, and will be leaving
	NSA tomorrow (Friday, May 13th).

	Wonder what his next illustrious position will be...

Well, I'd put a dollar on him taking up some civilian post where he
can influence the acceptance of Clipper through industry.  Managing
director of an electronics firm.  Or head of one of the escrow
agencies perhaps.  That how things work here in Britain anyway -
most of our big company top management are ex spooks.  Especially
in the armaments and military-related side of things, like aircraft
companies.  In Baker's case I'd guess a telephone company.  Much
more likely that or something else civilian than another govt post
like NIST or the FCC.