State Dept Response to my second CJ request

Adam Shostack adam at bwh.harvard.edu
Wed May 11 21:55:37 PDT 1994

Bill Sommerfeld:

| Does anyone think it would be worthwhile to go through the rigamarole
| of CJ requests for "intermediate" cases?  Or is that just splitting
| hairs?

	Actually, I was batting around the idea earlier of reading the
code onto audio tape.  Clear that, then clear a written transcript of
the tape, then try to clear an electronic copy of the transcript.

	The audio tape would clearly not be 'easily compilable' which
is the pseudo logic they provide for allowing the paper & not the
disks.  The written transcript is probably no different from the book.
The interesting change, I think, comes from calling your listings a
transcript of the spoken word.

Adam

Adam Shostack 				       adam at bwh.harvard.edu

Politics.  From the greek "poly," meaning many, and ticks, a small,
annoying bloodsucker.