Cypherpunks Goals: Bad debate drives out good debate

Sameer sameer at soda.berkeley.edu
Wed May 11 21:50:52 PDT 1994

	Good post. Here's a reply. =)

Tim said:

> What is going on?

	You have a good summary of what's going on. Personally I've
found it useful to create a filter for my cypherpunks mail to send
posts from people whom I respect more into a seperate folder such that
the signal-to-noise ratio in that folder is higher. When I have more
time I read the folder with the lower signal-to-noise ratio, but I
often do not have those resources.
	I don't really have to deal with bad posts because I don't see
most of them unless I have some extra time on my hands... Others
interested in rational discussion and debate and actual-doing-things
might find this a useful technique.