Enhanced One-time pad available:

jpinson at fcdarwin.org.ec jpinson at fcdarwin.org.ec
Wed May 11 11:33:42 PDT 1994

Greetings Cypherpunks.

After a lengthy test period, I am releasing the first official
version of OTP-PC  (there is no change from the beta version).

The file otp-10.zip may be found on:

wuarchive.wustl.edu  /pub/MSDOS_UPLOADS/cryptography
(the same directory as Secdev)

I have also posted the file to the cypherpunks directory on
soda.berkeley.com.  Attempts to find out when/where otp will be
posted on soda have not been answered. (My cypherpunks mail has
stopped, so there may be a problem there)

If you problems finding otp-10.zip, please send me a
message and I will send it to you via PGP ASCII-armor.

If any one can provide a FTP site for me to post OTP-PC, please
let me know.

-------------
This is the first public release of OTP-PC, which is a MS-DOS
implementation of the one-time pad or Vernam Cipher.  The one-time pad
is the only encryption method proven to be unbreakable.

Complete source, of course!

                      OTP-PC features:

-Automatic compression of plain text messages prior to encryption.
 Compression reduces consumption of the pad, and masks the size of the
 original document. (compression can be overridden)

-Automatic wiping of the pad (codebook), to prevent reuse on both
 encryption and decryption.

-Wiping and deletion of intermediate compressed files.

-Two stage cipher text headers.  The first stage header is un-
 encrypted, and contains information needed to start decryption.
 The second stage contains sensitive information (CRC etc), and is
 encrypted.

-A 32 bit CRC stored in the encrypted header verifies reconstruction
 of the original file.

-A verbose mode which displays encryption/decryption statistics.

Thanks,  Jim Pinson -Galapagos
         jpinson at fcdarwin.org.ec