Here they come...

Jim Sewell jims at Central.KeyWest.MPGN.COM
Wed May 11 10:26:02 PDT 1994

<In mail David Taffs said:>
>    From: "Perry E. Metzger" <perry at snark.imsi.com>
>    "Jim Sewell" says:
>    >   Unfortunately, newsgroups like alt.sex.bestiality and erotica picture
>    >   groups make this point hard to defend against.
>    Alt.sex.bestiality is full of jokes about bestiality, not real
>    suggestions about it. There are no newsgroups devoted to pedophillia,
>    nor are pedophiles a visible presense in the erotic pictures newsgroups.
>
> I used to systematically read the pictures groups, including
> alt.binaries.pictures.erotica.children, and never once was an actual
> picture of a child posted. In fact, there was only one picture in

   Can't you hear "them" saying, "Well, those heathen pagan computer
   worshiping nerds are looking at pictures of women defiling themselves
   with carnal relations with animals.  Can't you just imagine what they
   do in private with their little computer thingeys."

   It, in a typical person's mind, is a trivial line between child porn
   and animal porn.  To be identified as part of a group of people that
   routinely pass pictures of women having sex with animals makes us
   so much more easily identified as part of a group of people that
   secretly pass kiddie porn... why else would we be so involved in
   encryption... just look what we send back and forth in public!

   Guilt by association is unfair, but very prevalent especially with
   the news media's influence.

   Jim

--
 Tantalus Inc.          Jim Sewell      Amateur Radio: KD4CKQ
 P.O. Box 2310          Programmer           Internet: jims at mpgn.com
 Key West, FL 33045     C-Unix-PC          Compu$erve: 71061,1027
 (305)293-8100                            PGP via email on request.
 1K-bit Fingerprint: 8E 14 68 90 37 87 EF B3  C4 CF CD 9A 3E F9 4A 73