Cypherpunks change bytes!

Russell Nelson nelson at crynwr.com
Mon May 9 09:43:55 PDT 1994

   From: greg at ideath.goldenbear.com (Greg Broiles)
   Date: Thu, 5 May 1994 15:30:24 -0700 (PDT)

   I don't see the point in forcing everyone to patch their binaries or
   recompile from source - does anyone else? Bidzos & Co. are certainly smart
   enough to anticipate this step. What's the catch?

I'd guess that it was a face-saving negotiating point.  RSA was
screwed to the wall because MIT has fair use on the PKP patents since
the invention was performed there.  The restrictions on the fair use
are so broad as to be meaningless.  So they threw him a bone...

-russ <nelson at crynwr.com>      ftp.msen.com:pub/vendor/crynwr/crynwr.wav
Crynwr Software   | Crynwr Software sells packet driver support | ask4 PGP key
11 Grant St.      | +1 315 268 1925 (9201 FAX)    | Quakers do it in the light
Potsdam, NY 13676 | LPF member - ask me about the harm software patents do.