DefenseServices (fwd)

Jim Nalbandian lassie!jim%lassie at netcom.com
Fri May 6 01:04:09 PDT 1994

Jim Miller says:
> Section #120.9 of the ITAR defines "Defense Service" as:
>
>   (1) The furnishing of assistance (including training) to foreign
> persons, whether in the United States or abroad in the design,
> development, engineering, manufacture, production, assembly, testing,
> repair, maintenance, modification, operation, demilitarization,
> destruction, processing, or use of defense articles; or
>   (2) The furnishing to foreign persons of any technical data
> controlled under this subchapter (see #120.10), whether in the United
> States or abroad.

This is sick. According to this, I cannot teach foreigners about
cryptography in the U.S. -- even about the open literature. This is a
grotesque denial of my first amendment rights.

They just FUCKED OFF a big chunk of your second amendment today but
I bet you don't even know about it. Do not worry, when they ban
your crypto program they will let you buy another one. What
FUCKIN' RIGHTS, I DON'T SEE NO STINKIN' RIGHTS!!!!!!

Duh what's a PGP and an FTP?

Uh Uh Uh fire's cool!

--
          * Spelling errors are intentional and international *
        Jim Nalbandian       netcomsv!lassie!jim%lassie at netcom.com
        Tempe, Arizona, USA                   N7SZS at K7BUC.AZ.US.NA
No free man shall ever be de-barred the use of arms. The strongest
reason for the people to retain  there right to keep and bear arms
is as a last  resort to  protect  themselves  against  tyranny  in
government. <-------- Thomas Jefferson                            --