The Value of Money (fwd)

Jim Nalbandian lassie!jim%lassie at netcom.com
Fri May 6 01:04:08 PDT 1994

 in 1875 you could get a colt .45 for a $20 gold piece. you still
can.

I am sort of confused by all these folks talking about precious metals
as if they still have something directly to do with currency. I thought
they hadn't for some decades.

They have'nt, but some people are totally clueless as to some
things. That why they stay up all night and stare at their
computer screens (a kind of perverse sexual pleasure). I believe
Nixon took us of the gold standard in '73. People go to Economics
school for 6 years just to get paid $ 60k a year to be wrong with
their economic conclussions. By the way in the state of Arizona
there is still a law on the books that allow someone completing a
full stay in prison to recieve a good horse, $20 gold piece,
pistol, rifle and a sadle when released from prison. That is why
the state kicks you out one day early, even on a day for day
sentance. I know people that have attempted to sue to get their
horse etc. but lost.

--
          * Spelling errors are intentional and international *
        Jim Nalbandian       netcomsv!lassie!jim%lassie at netcom.com
        Tempe, Arizona, USA                   N7SZS at K7BUC.AZ.US.NA
No free man shall ever be de-barred the use of arms. The strongest
reason for the people to retain  there right to keep and bear arms
is as a last  resort to  protect  themselves  against  tyranny  in
government. <-------- Thomas Jefferson                            --