Anonymous phone calls...

Duncan Frissell frissell at panix.com
Thu May 5 10:19:37 PDT 1994

On Thu, 5 May 1994 SGT=DARREN=S.=HARLOW%ISB%MCTSSA at nwsfallbrook3.nwac.sea06.navy.mil wrote:

> bought one of the cards to make phone calls and they traced the calls back to
> him via the card, since you have to present valid ID to purchase those.
>
> Sgt Darren Harlow - Computer Security

Hesitating to correct the USMC...

Some of the cards (there are now more than a dozen issuers) may be bought
in circumstances where your ID is linked but Western Union doesn't ask and
those who bought the Hallmark Cards with a $6 Sprint Phone Card inside
were not "carded" at many cardshop checkout counters.

DCF

Don't ask me what my grandfather Col Duncan Phillip Frissell USA
Quartermaster Corps used to say about the Marines...