The ITARs

Ice-Fox (aka Robert Sturtz) rsturt at wilbur.mbark.swin.oz.au
Wed May 4 08:18:37 PDT 1994

On Wed, 4 May 1994, Bill Sommerfeld wrote:

>    This is sick. According to this, I cannot teach foreigners about
>    cryptography in the U.S. -- even about the open literature. This is a
>    grotesque denial of my first amendment rights.

does that also mean that an american cannot use his/her knowledge overseas?
(btw im australian and therefore know nothing about american law)

> When this issue came up in a discussion on export control issues with
> my employer's export control guru, he said that they basically never
> bothered to enforce this in the case of open courses at colleges &
> universities (because they knew it was unenforceable and
> unconstitutional).

good for him
> 						- Bill

		 Yours in SYNC. Robert Sturtz
__///       rsturt at wilbur.mbark.swin.oz.au      (Ice-Fox on irc)       __///
\XX/      Vice-President of Eastern Wargamers And Roleplayers Club     \XX/

  kill, bomb, maim, plot, c4, sex, murder, assassinate, gun, nuke, plan