Virtual Cash

Mark W. Eichin eichin at paycheck.cygnus.com
Mon May 2 21:01:05 PDT 1994

> But it sounds like "vitual money."  I would like to see a description of the
> model for this.  Sounds like a form of barter-script.

One reason they haven't caught on is that there *isn't* a model. There
is software (cypherpunks write code! :-) to implement banks and
exchange coins (the tacky tokens themselves) but noone (as far as I've
seen) has come up with an "economic model" within which they could use
them. (In spite of perry's objections, the economic discussions *are*
relevant here...  many readers seem to not understand the complexities
of money systems, without which *using* e-cash won't be practical, so
we need some major cross-breeding here.)
							_Mark_