So, what are we going to do?

Mike McNally m5 at vail.tivoli.com
Mon May 2 08:16:55 PDT 1994

"Jim Sewell" writes:
 >   A friend of mine that repaired computers said he ran across an
 >   old disk drive that was used in WWII.  The thing had a lever on
 >   the top that was to be pulled should anyone "burst in" unannounced.
 >   As a failsafe to protect our secrets the lever was the trigger of
 >   a mounted .38.

Uhh...  uhh...  I think you may want to go back and ask this friend
whether he was *sure* it was a disk drive from WWII.  If so, we need
to go back and re-work some history of computing details.

Then again, there was the Philadelphia Experiment...

--
| GOOD TIME FOR MOVIE - GOING ||| Mike McNally <m5 at tivoli.com>       |
| TAKE TWA TO CAIRO.          ||| Tivoli Systems, Austin, TX:        |