MAIL: remailer list

Matthew J Ghio mg5n+ at andrew.cmu.edu
Sun May 1 11:43:15 PDT 1994

> Q4.  Email-to-Usenet gateways?
>
>  1: group-name at cs.utexas.edu
>  2: group.name.usenet at decwrl.dec.com
>  3: group.name at news.demon.co.uk
>  4: group.name at news.cs.indiana.edu
>  5: group-name at pws.bull.com
>  6: group-name at ucbvax.berkeley.edu
>  7: group.name at undergrad.math.uwaterloo.ca
>  8: group.name at magnus.acs.ohio-state.edu
>  9: group.name at ccs.uwo.ca
> 10: group.name at julian.uwo.ca
> 11: group.name at paris.ics.uci.edu
> 12: group.name at cs.dal.ca

Are you sure about #5 and #6?  I haven't gotten the berkeley one to
work.  I was able to post through pws.bull.com, however, it seems to be
on a UUCP feed and messages get delayed 2-3 days.  Using
group.name at bull.com is much faster, and also doesn't require dashes, so
you can post to groups like alt.privacy.anon-server, alt.ascii-art, etc.
 This is my current list:

group.name at demon.co.uk
group.name at news.demon.co.uk
group.name at news.cs.indiana.edu
group.name at bull.com
group.name at cass.ma02.bull.com
group.name at undergrad.math.uwaterloo.ca
group.name at magnus.acs.ohio-state.edu
group.name at ccs.uwo.ca (Kills headers, generates new Message-ID)
group.name at julian.uwo.ca (Kills headers, generates new Message-ID)
group.name at uunet.ca (Limited newsgroups)
group.name at cs.dal.ca (Limited newsgroups)
group.name at ug.cs.dal.ca (Limited newsgroups)
group.name at paris.ics.uci.edu (Limited newsgroups)
group.name.usenet at decwrl.dec.com (Preserves ALL headers)

uunet.ca and cs.dal.ca will bounce the message if it doesn't support the
newsgroup.  paris.ics.uci.edu will just eat it and you'll never see it
again.  uunet.ca doesn't seem to support any alt.groups.  Also, demon
and uwaterloo will preserve most headers (ie comments, etc)  dec.com
will preserve all the headers, including all Received: headers.  The
rest usually remove the non-essential ones.  Uwaterloo, ohio-state, and
Dalhousie insert Orginization: headers advertising their university, but
uci (University of California, Irvine) and uwo.ca (University of Western
Ontario) don't. (-;