No Subject

Anonymous nowhere at bsu-cs.bsu.edu
Sat Mar 19 22:25:18 PST 1994

From:  A Certain Monk at a certain village in Hanoi

I thought I'd share this with you:

-----------CUT HERE-------------
program Hanoi(input,output);

type Pegnumber = 1..3;
var N: integer;

Procedure WriteMoves (N: integer; Peg1, Peg2, Peg3: PegNumber);

begin {Moves}
  if N=1
    then writeln('Move a ring from ', Peg1:1, ' to ', Peg2:1)
    else
    begin {else}
      WriteMoves(N-1, Peg1, Peg3, Peg2);
      writeln('Move a ring from ', Peg 1:1, ' to ', Peg2:1);
      WriteMoves(N-1, Peg3, Peg2, Peg1)
    end {else}
 end; {Moves}

begin {Program}
    writeln{'Enter the number of rings and');
    writeln('I''ll explain how to play Towers of Hanoi.');
    readln(N);
    writeln (' To move ', M,' rings');
    writeln (' from peg 1 to peg 2 proceed as follows:');
    WriteMoves(N, 1, 2, 3);
    writeln (' That does it.')
end. {Program}
------------AND HERE-----------

I've used it on 64 rings, and it works fine.

Of course this runs slowly and does tend to use a lot of storage.
The stack really grows too large.  I'm hoping that it may be possible
to use this type of call with some bandwidth growth to help defeat
analysis.

     "Would you tell me, please, which way I ought to go
from here?"
     "That depends a good deal on where you want to
get to." said the Cat.

                           --Lewis Carroll