cypherpunks-seattle at netcom.com is up and running.

Scott Northrop northrop at netcom.com
Fri Mar 18 11:09:08 PST 1994

Last weekend the call went out somewhat at the last minute for a Cypherpunks
physical meeting in Seattle, and 11 people showed!  With a little planning,
I'm sure we can have more of the Seattle crowd attending the next meeting.
The new mailing list is to facilitate that planning.  The intro doc follows.

Scott

--
Scott Northrop               <northrop at netcom.com>              (206)784-2083
      Those who use arms well cultivate the Way and keep the rules.

----------------------------------->% snip %<----------------------------------

Like every moderator of every new list, I hope this will be mostly signal and
very little noise.  I don't envision this as a general discussion list --
that's what the main list is for.

This list is for:

	Coordinating physical meetings of Cypherpunks in Seattle.
	Location, time, equipment, arranging rides, etc.

	Suggesting topics to cover at the meetings.

	Coordinating other local group activities.

	Announcements of relevant talks, seminars and other such goodies in
	the Seattle area and environs.

	*Concise* pointers to other local groups, mailing lists, and sources
	of information that might be of interest to local Cypherpunks.

	Whatever everyone seems to use it for.

This list is NOT for:

	Reposting the "important" messages from the main list or any other
	mailing list or newsgroup.  (If someone wants to run a "distilled"
	Cypherpunks list, fine.  This isn't it!)

	Preaching to the converted.  No ranting!   (If you want to rant, do it
	on the main list.  Everyone else seems to...)

	Rehashing the same topics that are going on the main list.

This list is managed by a Majordomo-style mailing list server running on
netcom.com.  If you want to send a command to the list server, put it in
the body of a message to listserv at netcom.com.  Some useful commands:

	subscribe cypherpunks-seattle
	unsubscribe cypherpunks-seattle
	help

Any suggestions for how to improve this intro are welcome.
Any suggestions for a *local* FAQ are also welcome.

    Always remember, the space-time continuum is allocated on a
    first-come, first-served basis.  So drive carefully!

Scott Northrop
<northrop at netcom.com>
<skyhawk at cpac.washington.edu>