NSA and PGP rabblerousing

Panzer Boy panzer at dhp.com
Thu Mar 17 08:50:09 PST 1994

On Thu, 17 Mar 1994, Mike McNally wrote:

> Anonymous writes:
>  > The guy was really biased against PGP, calling it "illegal",
>  > but he also hinted that it had been broken.  The hint was wrapped within
>  > a "non-denial denial" (for fans of "All The President's Men") and there
>  > was no *concrete* information given to support it.
>
> I've watched enough TV in my day to realize that if PGP had been
> broken, they sure as heck wouldn't tell anybody about it.  The only
> reason to make such an implication is to prevent people from using it.

Or, if you subscribe to massive conspiracy theories...  That if they
broke it, they'ld tell people about it.  And people like you would think
would think that they hadn't and it was all a ruse.  Then you would go
out an encrypt your child-porn with pgp, and the spooks would be able to
read it. :)

Always remember about reverse physcology...

 -Matt
 (panzer at dhp.com)
 "That which can never be enforced should not be prohibited."