spyproofing your house/work building

Mike Markley mmarkley at microsoft.com
Wed Mar 16 10:02:47 PST 1994

| From: Phil Karn  <netmail!karn at qualcomm.com>
| To:  <netmail!mimsy!anagld!decode!system at uunet.uu.net>
| Cc:  <cypherpunks at toad.com>
| Subject: Re: spyproofing your house/work building
| Date: Tuesday, March 15, 1994 9:52PM

| Sender: netmail!owner-cypherpunks at toad.com
|
| Yeah, this is getting pretty far afield, but if you want to see what
| IR floodlight/camera combinations look like, visit Disneyland. That
| park probably has one of the most extensive video surveillance systems
| of any place readily accessible to the public. (I expect Disney World
| is much the same).
|
| IR cameras are everywhere in the inside rides, especially in dark
| areas where visible floodlights would ruin the dramatic
| effect. Perhaps the easiest place to see them is in Pirates of the
| Caribbean. Just turn around and look backwards, and you'll see video
| cameras mounted overhead next to dim red lights.
|
| Other rides where they can be easily seen include People Mover (never
| crowded), Haunted Mansion and Space Mountain.
|
| Phil

Disney is a pretty paranoid company. I was there about 13 years ago
with some friends and a couple of the people I was with decided to take
a 'joint' break in the woods. They looked around and, not seeing
anyone, ducked into the bushes. Within about 30 seconds several
security guards came running and escorted them out of the park. The
guards were not worried about what they were smoking, just that they
had gone off the designated path. I've always wondered how the new so fast.

Mike.
Mike Markley              || The opinions here do not represent the
mmarkley at microsoft.com    || opinions of my employer. Attempts to
			  || associate the two are pointless.

   "I want to look at life, In the available light"
					- Neil Peart -