spyproofing your house/work building

Arsen Ray Arachelian rarachel at prism.poly.edu
Wed Mar 16 06:49:35 PST 1994

> Yeah, this is getting pretty far afield, but if you want to see what
> IR floodlight/camera combinations look like, visit Disneyland. That
> park probably has one of the most extensive video surveillance systems
> of any place readily accessible to the public. (I expect Disney World
> is much the same).

Wow, I never knew that... then again, since Disney is its own government,
I should have expected as much....

> IR cameras are everywhere in the inside rides, especially in dark
> areas where visible floodlights would ruin the dramatic
> effect. Perhaps the easiest place to see them is in Pirates of the
> Caribbean. Just turn around and look backwards, and you'll see video
> cameras mounted overhead next to dim red lights.
>
> Other rides where they can be easily seen include People Mover (never
> crowded), Haunted Mansion and Space Mountain.

Here's another idea... in terms of spyproofing one's house, how about
throwing some radio-shack IR-detecting transistors outside the house,
rigged to an internal alarm... Ifg a lot of these detectors go off,
the folks inside can be fairly sure of some weirdos outside...