Canon Copiers

Duncan Frissell frissell at panix.com
Mon Mar 14 03:01:15 PST 1994

To: cypherpunks at toad.com

E >The new models, the 350 and 550 do indeed have a currency recognition
E >feature based on color. I was talking to a serviceman--interestingly,
E >as with all crippling features, this one creates problems, as certain
E >images become uncopiable if the color they use is upsetting the canon.
E >The service man said that often the offending object may be copied
E >simply by placing a sheet of acetate between the imaging area and the
E >sheet to be copied.
E >
E >I used to be skeptical of this feature--someone here conjected that
E >it would be based on color. they were right. Smart.
E >
E >Jay

But what color?  So does this mean I have to go to all the trouble of
buying a Canon copier in Canada or the UK and importing it?

Not all currency is the same color.

DCF

--- WinQwk 2.0b#1165