FinCen

Graham Toal gtoal at an-teallach.com
Thu Mar 10 08:03:02 PST 1994

	From: Wayne Q Jones <qjones at infi.net>

	   The "roadblocks" put up by intelligence is no surprise. Afterall what did
	happen to the 10 millions of the Iran-Contra drug money? What about the
	DEA agent who stole several hundred thousand dollars in drug money?
	  FinCen is one way of hiding the illegal drug escapades of the
	intelligence community.

It's precisely because of the CIA's illegal funding of covert activities
(ones they can't even get a black budget for) that I posted on eff.talk,
the day that Ames was uncovered, that he most likely slipped through the
detection-net of overspending precisely *because* agencies like this and
the CIA cooperate to hide the illegal income of top CIA agents.  It's
almost certain that FINCen has tweaked their algorithm specifically to
bypass people like Ames.  And we still haven't seen the drug connection
in that case surface.  But don't worry, it will.   Head of anti-drugs
operations for the last <N> years?  Don't kid me...

So much for 'checks and balances'.