RSAREF help requested

Eric Conrad conrad at merl.com
Mon Mar 7 08:54:32 PST 1994

I need to use RSAREF to do 3 simple things: generate a keypair, encrypt
a file, and decrypt a file.  This is so that I can safely encrypt online
information with the public key, while keeping the private key offline.

PGP does what I want, but I can't use it due to legal reasons.

Ripem does too much (all the mail and key management stuff), and is too
complex for my purposes.

I've begun writing the C code using the RSAREF libraries to do what I
want, but I'd rather not recreate the wheel.  Has anyone written the
simple tools I described?

                              ...Eric