Update on user-level hack to do telnet encryption posted recently

Perry E. Metzger pmetzger at lehman.com
Sat Mar 5 13:39:43 PST 1994

"Perry E. Metzger" says:
> As for this current "idea", with an implementation of an encrypted
> STANDARD telnet already written and likely available soon for
> anonymous FTP, I think I'm being sane, not "a wet blanket".

By the way, I forgot to mention, the 4.4 BSD domestic release already
includes the encrypted telnet. In order to head off foolish
reimplementation, perhaps someone would be willing to release the
relevant patches to the NE release to turn it into a full encrypting
telnet? The code is, after all, already under the Berkeley copyright
and thus releasable.

Perry