No Subject

Eric Hughes hughes
Fri Mar 4 09:26:41 PST 1994

Date: Wed, 2 Mar 1994 09:14:40 -0800
From: Hal <hfinney at shell.portal.com>
Sender: hughes at toad.com
To: cypherpunks at toad.com
Subject: Re: Insecurity of public key crypto #1 (reply to Mandl)

[Maintainer's note: Sometimes the subscribe filter for majordomo works
too well.  This message came in a couple of days ago, got filtered,
and I've finally figured out how to massage majordomo into getting it
out into the list.  Sorry about that, Hal.--EH]

I run a simple script which will provide the Cypherpunks list in
encrypted form.  Send me your email address and a PGP public key and I
will add you to the list.  Once you have it working nicely you can
then unsubscribe from the regular list (I can't unsubscribe you from
the regular list).

Interestingly enough, I have been doing this for about a year, and in
that time about ten people have asked to sign up (I haven't publicized
it heavily).  All but two have asked to be removed within a week,
saying that it was too much hassle to deal with that volume of
incoming encrypted mail!

Let me know if you want to try it.

Hal Finney
hfinney at shell.portal.com