Big Brother Inside pays off

Matt Thomlinson phantom at u.washington.edu
Fri Mar 4 00:07:41 PST 1994

I got a call this afternoon from Paul Andrews at the Seattle Times,
wanting to ask me a few questions. After playing phone tag for an hour or
so, we got connected.

We discussed cypherpunks, steganography, and clipper. He seemed to have a
good handle on how scary the clipper (and tessera) recommendations were.
I was able to supply him with a little more information (contact #s) and
answer some questions he had.

His article will be in this sundays' Seattle Times, but it sounds like he
may be gearing up to write another. In any case, I'm going to keep in
touch.

It looks like someone in the downtown area had the big brother inside
logo on their windows desktop screen and _that_ is what caught his
attention. I'm glad it served the purpose it was meant for -- catching
people's attention and making them think.

mt

Matt Thomlinson                               Say no to the Wiretap Chip!
University of Washington, Seattle, Washington.
Internet: phantom at u.washington.edu      	    phone: (206) 548-9804
PGP 2.2  key available via email or finger phantom at hardy.u.washington.edu