PC Expo, Mac World, Comdex, etc...

Arsen Ray Arachelian rarachel at prism.poly.edu
Wed Mar 2 22:53:03 PST 1994

If a few of us who have a bit of money to spend on disks
and duplication could come together (or work apart) we
could just go out infront of PC Expo, or any other expo and
simply hand out free disks with stuff like PGP, SecureDrive
and whatever else, maybe even include a flyer with info
about getting more info on issues like clipper and such...

Perhaps some sort of self running hypertext demo to show
analogies, say via a caricature of Dorothy Denning or
Billary Clingon trying to install bugs in the phones of
the viewers, cameras in cable TV boxes, microphones in
bathrooms etc, all bearing the word "Clipper" on them...

:-)

(The distribution method isn't my idea, a dude who runs
or works for an internet mail/news only carrier approached
me and gave me a flyer...)

"Get your free PGP disks here, learn about how Uncle Sam
is spying on your privacy, etc..." :-)

Now for some rude awakenings to follow...  are there any
laws against handing out >FREE< disks to people exiting
or entering a convention center?  (hopefully not too many.)

Putting up an informercial will reach a lot of people who
couldn't care less.  Putting this stuff in the hands of
those who have the interests of big business will reach
a wider bit of the people we need to reach.