MAIL: remailer list

Karl Lui Barrus klbarrus at owlnet.rice.edu
Wed Mar 2 18:19:24 PST 1994

Cypherpunks,

I was just informed by Chris Walker that the remailer
elee9sf at menudo.uh.edu is now down.  If you send mail, it bounces with
"this account is expired".

Sheesh, in the space of two weeks I've lost all four remailers I had
running at UH.  Time to set up another ;)

Cypherpunk anonymous remailers, 3/3/94

Q1: What are the anonymous remailers?

A1:

 1: remailer at chaos.bsu.edu
 2: nowhere at bsu-cs.bsu.edu
 3: hh at soda.berkeley.edu
 4: hal at alumni.caltech.edu
 5: ebrandt at jarthur.claremont.edu
 6: catalyst at netcom.com
 7: remailer at rebma.mn.org
 8: hfinney at shell.portal.com
 9: remailer at utter.dis.org
10: remailer at entropy.linet.org
11: remail at extropia.wimsey.com

NOTES:

1-3		no encryption of remailing requests
4-11		support encrypted remailing requests
11		special - header and message must be encrypted together
7,9,10,11	introduce larger than average delay (not direct connect)
7,9,11  	running on privately owned machines
3		features USENET posting

Q2: What help is available?

A2:

Check out the pub/cypherpunks/remailer directory at soda.berkeley.edu
(128.32.149.19).

chain.zip             - program that helps with using remailers
dosbat.zip            - MSDOS batch files that help with using remailers
hal's.instructions.gz - in depth instruction on how to use
hal's.remailer.gz     - remailer code
pubkeys.tar.gz        - public keys of remailers which support encryption
pubkeys.zip           - MSDOS zip file of public keys
scripts.tar.gz        - scripts that help with using remailers

Or try the cypherpunks gopher site (chaos.bsu.edu) and look in
"Anonymous Mail" for instructions.

Mail to me (klbarrus at owlnet.rice.edu) for further help and/or questions.

Q3.  Email-to-Usenet gateways?

A3.

 1: group-name at cs.utexas.edu
 2: group.name.usenet at decwrl.dec.com
 3: group.name at news.demon.co.uk
 4: group.name at news.cs.indiana.edu
 5: group-name at pws.bull.com
 6: group-name at ucbvax.berkeley.edu

NOTES:

*  This does not include ones that work for single groups, like twwells.com.
*  Remember to include a Subject: with your post, may cause failures
   if missing
#6 blocks from non-berkeley sites (so use the berkeley remailers :-)

This is the remailer.data file I use with nestping, a script for
pinging anonymous remailers:

01:n:remailer at chaos.bsu.edu
02:n:nowhere at bsu-cs.bsu.edu
03:n:hh at soda.berkeley.edu