Digital Sigs?

Cypher1 at aol.com Cypher1 at aol.com
Thu Jun 23 19:43:56 PDT 1994

I read in yesterday's L.A. Times about something called CommerceNet,
where sellers and buyers of workstation level equipment can meet and
conduct busniess.

Near the end of the article, they talked about a proposed method for
exchanging "digital signatures" via Moasic (so that buyers and sellers
could _know_ that they were who they said they were) and that they
were going to "submit it to the Internet Standards body"

Is this something new, or am I way gone on this one?

Cyph1 at aol.com