Need advice on starting to make PGP library

NetSurfer jdwilson at gold.chem.hawaii.edu
Wed Jun 22 18:03:25 PDT 1994

There is a current freeware Windows interface that works ok, but it
is not truly integrated i.e. it fires off a DOS background session
and stuffs parameters incl. your passphrase.

A DLL or VxD would be the better solution.  (A VxD has no DOS memory
overhead.)

If you were interested, once you have the DLL or VxD you could use the
Microsoft Office developers kit (currently approx. $49 on CD) and integrate
PGP into Excel-type applications, Word-type applications, Powerpoint-type
applications, and *microsoft mail* type applications.  I say "type" because
unlike the current links (OLE etc.) the developers kit gives you objects
to incorporate in your programs, including but *not* limited to Visual
Basic or Visual C++.

-NetSurfer

#include standard.disclaimer

==  =    = |James D. Wilson        |V.PGP 2.4:   512/E12FCD 1994/03/17 >
 "  "    " |P. O. Box 15432        |     finger for full PGP key        >
\"  "/  \" |Serendipitous Solutions|    Also NetSurfer at sersol.com      >