Thanks!

Robert A. Hayden hayden at vorlon.mankato.msus.edu
Wed Jun 22 11:34:53 PDT 1994

On Wed, 22 Jun 1994, David L Womack wrote:

> Secondly, I seem to have come across a minor
> bug in the majordomo software;  and I thought
> others might be having a similar problem...

[story deleted]

I had something similiar happen.  Last week, I moved all of my stuff from
my old address to this one.  I unsubscribed from cypherpunks and
resubscribed over here.  Then the crash happened.   I resubscribed from
here, and then Eric restored the backups, so I was now subscribed twice.
I unsubscribed from my old account and lost both of them (majordomo can
do some funky domain checking) and had to resubscribe from my new
workstation.  Annoying but understandable.

The 'funky' domain checking that Majordomo does is so that if you are on
terminal1.domain.foo.bar, it will assume that a user with the same name
at terminal2.domain.foo.bar is the same and tell you you are already
subscribed and if there are two entries, remove them both.

____        Robert A. Hayden       <=> hayden at vorlon.mankato.msus.edu
 \/  /  Finger for Geek Code Info  <=> I do not necessarily speak for the
   \/   Finger for PGP Public Key  <=> City of Mankato or Blue Earth County
(GEEK CODE 1.0.1)  GAT d- -p+(---) c++(++++) l++ u++ e+/* m++(*)@ s-/++