ADMIN: MajorDomo Meltdown

Hugh Daniel hugh at ecotone.toad.com
Tue Jun 21 03:14:39 PDT 1994

  Humm, seems as I have my work cut out for me tonight, as majordomo
zeroed out the list again and is having problems with it's temp files
(filling up a second disk here at toad.com).
  Eric Hughes and I freed up 15 megs on the disk where majordomo keeps
the cypherpunks list, and I tought that would give me the time to do
the fix right (and speend the weekend not hacking...).  Turns out that
the disk filled up again tonight, this time with 12+ megs of bounce
messages from Cypherpunks subscribers durring the last 9 days.
  Seems we have some major problems to solve still with the basic mail
list technology.
  I have 11 hours to make a major meeting, so I am going to go back to
hacking the software and see how much I can get running tonight.
  I will install a backup from a few days ago, some of you will have
duplacates that we will have to remove yet again, sigh, thats the way
it goes.
  If you have futher questions or problems, please contact me.

		||ugh Daniel
		Muchtimes Postmaster
		hugh at toad.com