Let us attack Clipper

Ben.Goren at asu.edu Ben.Goren at asu.edu
Fri Jun 17 18:58:40 PDT 1994

No, not with words, as we're all so fond of doing. Instead, I suggest that
the NSA or others provide free access to an EES system on the 'net, for any
and all to attempt attacks.

They could hook up a workstation or two with a couple Tessera cards, and
provide anonymous login access. All functions should be permitted as they
will be in a final implementation.

This is an inexpensive way that EES advocates can permit access to the
system for analysis. It would be only for research purposes--there'd be no
way to encrypt a phone conversation, and anybody would have to be stupid to
encrypt sensitive data with an NSA-owned machine, even assuming you could
get the data to the computer securely in the first place.

To the NSA agent who is surely subscribed: if Clipper is so great, prove
it. If you won't disclose the Skipjack algorithm (but why not if it's
secure?), at least provide access to test its implementation.

b&

--
Ben.Goren at asu.edu, Arizona State University School of Music
 net.proselytizing (write for info): Protect your privacy; oppose Clipper.