(None)

Jeff Gostin jgostin at eternal.pha.pa.us
Fri Jun 17 18:04:30 PDT 1994

Dave Otto <dave at marvin.jta.edd.ca.gov> writes:

> !       While they are aware that software for secure encryption is
> !       available from non-US, they are making a best effort to prevent
> !       a standard from emerging, while hoping that some escrowed
> !       encryption scheme will gain acceptance.
     This is a critically dangerous statement of intent. What we are
seeing here the the US government running scared when they consider the
fact that they won't be able to pry into our lives without asking
permission (IE: for our keys) first. Now it all makes sense. If ever
they've sealed their own fate, now is the most damnable time. If only they
realized how zealously we will guard our encryption rights before saying
something so incriminating, perhaps they would have come up with a better
excuse.

     I don't get active in many things, but, alas, my time of complacency
is over. If the pen is mightier than the sword, perhaps a Bic will level
Congress.

                                       --Jeff
--
  ==    ==        | The new, improved, environmentally safe, bigger, better,|