swipe working on infinity.c2.org

Jef Poskanzer jef at ee.lbl.gov
Fri Jun 17 08:24:33 PDT 1994

I got one of the disks.  Amusing disclaimers on the back.  Haven't
tried reading it yet.

When I talked to Phil Karn months ago about IP encryption, he was
talking about encrypting each packet independently - I guess you have
to do that with IP since it's not a reliable protocol.  But it sounded
a little risky to me - maybe vulnerable to attack via known bits
at the start of each encrypted section.  Encrypting at the TCP
level would allow inter-packet mixing, but then you miss all the
UDP protocols such as (old) NFS.

Maybe you could post a quick summary of the encryption mode used?
---
Jef