Prime magnitude and keys...a ?

Christian D. Odhner cdodhner at indirect.com
Fri Jun 17 08:05:10 PDT 1994

On Fri, 17 Jun 1994, Jim choate wrote:

> I was wondering if anyone is aware of a function or test which would allow
> a person to feed PGP or other RSA algorithm a test key and then look at
> the result and determine if the key was greater or lesser than the
> actual key?
  ^^^^^^^^^^
What do you mean by "greater or lesser than the actual key"? If you mean
number of bits you can do a simply file size comparison, if you mean
binary numerical value a simple c program _should_ be able to handle that
without any trouble I think.... although maybe you would need to include
some of those 'big number' routines I keep hearing about... and you would
have to strip off any header info before computing.

Happy Hunting, -Chris.

Christian Douglas Odhner     | "The NSA can have my secret key when they pry
cdodhner at indirect.com	     | it from my cold, dead, hands... But they shall
pgp 2.3 public key by finger | NEVER have the password it's encrypted with!"
cypherpunks         WOw            dCD           Traskcom          Team Stupid
  Key fingerprint =  58 62 A2 84 FD 4F 56 38  82 69 6F 08 E4 F1 79 11