Andy Grove on Clipper

Mike McNally m5 at vail.tivoli.com
Thu Jun 16 11:52:14 PDT 1994

Jamie Lawrence writes:
 > Grove, on the other hand, has no place making statements like that,
 > unless Intel has a political science wing I haven't heard of.

My recollections from a brief stint with Intel in the early 80's is
that the company is quite conservative, and that Mr. Grove's personal
outlook is largely responsible.  Before I get torched, I hasten to
point out that "conservative" does not of course necessarily imply
"Clipper supporter"; there are certain statist philosophies that do so
imply, however, and some of those can be lumped into the category
"conservative".

I could be way wrong.  Perhaps Mr. May could add more.  It is
distressing (though not surprising) to know that there are individuals
in positions of power in cyberspace-related industries who hold
opinions antithetical to "ours".

--
| GOOD TIME FOR MOVIE - GOING ||| Mike McNally <m5 at tivoli.com>       |
| TAKE TWA TO CAIRO.          ||| Tivoli Systems, Austin, TX:        |