Deja vu...

rishab at dxm.ernet.in rishab at dxm.ernet.in
Thu Jun 16 04:14:27 PDT 1994

> Date: Wed, 15 Jun 1994 09:53:36 +0500
> From: vikram!bchappe%sunoco at relay.nswc.navy.mil (Brett Chappell)
> >In the June 6 issue of the New Yorker is an interesting story by
> >John Seabrook (who did the email interview with Bill Gates) about
> >getting flamed and how violated and uspset it made him. Lots of not
>
> [Waco in cyberspace etc]

Deja vu, anyone? Maybe Brett didn't see this and the long thread that followed
it on this list. Maybe whoever it was who posted a second copy of the latest
EFFector hadn't caught it the first time. Since I, and probably most of us,
subscribe to EFFector, this was the _third_ copy that appeared in two days.

This sort of thing keeps happening. Now I'm not complaining ;) and would be
the last to want some centralized distribution of such material. But since
Stanton posts everything from the EFF anyway, why don't we leave it to him?
Ideally we'd have one poster for each of these publications (EFF, CPSR,
WIRED...)

Another thing: when I archive posts or forward them elsewhere, I keep the
Subject, From, To, Cc, and Date lines in the header intact. That way, when a
cpunk post migrates to alt.abuse.recovery, no one will repost it here.

Rishab Aiyer Ghosh                  First they came for the communists, and I
                                         did not speak out, for I was not one
                                                      They came for the Jews,
                                    and I was silent because I was not a Jew;
rishab at dxm.ernet.in                        They came for the Trade Unionists,
                                     and I did not protest, because I did not
Voice/Fax/Data +91 11 6853410                        belong to a trade union;
Voicemail +91 11 3760335      They came for the Catholics, and I said nothing
                                                because I was not a Catholic;
H 34C Saket                                        And then they came for me.
New Delhi                            There was no one left to say anything...
INDIA                                                   ----Father Niemoeller