Remailer reorder and delay

Matthew Ghio ghio at cmu.edu
Wed Jun 15 21:28:45 PDT 1994

I added a reorder and delay feature to my remailer <ghio at kaiwan.com>

Here's how to use it.  Add a header Latent-Time: with the time (in HH:MM:SS
format).  You must 24 hour time, no AM/PM accepted.  The seconds are optional
and may be omitted.  Example:

> To: ghio at kaiwan.com
> Subject: Anonymous Mail
> From: punk at crypto.com
>
> ::
> Anon-To: cypherpunks at toad.com
> Latent-Time: 00:00:00
>
> This message will be sent to cypherpunks at midnite pacific daylight time.

You can also have it delayed a certain amount of time.  To do this, put a plus
before the time.  Example:

> To: ghio at kaiwan.com
> Subject: Anonymous Mail
> From: me at my.domain.com
>
> ::
> Anon-To: recipient at site
> Latent-Time: +01:30
>
> This message will be delivered one hour and thirty minutes after it is
> received by ghio at kaiwan.com.

Random reordering is possible by adding r to the time.

> To: ghio at kaiwan.com
> Subject: Hello tentacle
> From: detweiler at tmp.com
>
> ::
> Anon-To: medusa at pseudospoof.com
> Latent-Time: 18:00:00r
>
> This message will be delivered at random, but no later than 6 PM pacific
> standard time.

> To: ghio at kaiwan.com
> Subject: Exterminate PGP
> From: sternlight at netcom.com
>
> ::
> Anon-To: alt.security.pgp at nic.funet.fi
> Latent-Time: +04:00:00r
>
> This meaningless drivel will be delivered at random, sometime within the
> next four hours.

The longest delay time possible is 24 hours.  Don't expect on the minute
delivery - there are many things beyond my control which can delay mail.
"Anon-To" and "Latent-Time" do not need to go in the body of the message;
they may be placed in the headers if your mailer supports it.
Let me know if you have any questions or problems.