DES w/ variable S-boxes

Ben.Goren at asu.edu Ben.Goren at asu.edu
Wed Jun 15 17:31:25 PDT 1994

Are there any implementations of DES-variants that use variable S-boxes?
I've not seen any, and it seems to me that such an algorithm could be quite
strong, considering the continuing strength of DES (i.e., only the rich or
large gov'ts are likely to be able to break it today, and only by brute
force).

If not, is there likely to be enough demand that I should start coding?

b&

--
Ben.Goren at asu.edu, Arizona State University School of Music
 net.proselytizing (write for info): Protect your privacy; oppose Clipper.