Decline and Fall

Duncan Frissell frissell at panix.com
Wed Jun 15 12:32:04 PDT 1994

Decline and Fall of the Nation State:

Tuesday's WSJ had an article on how private money market funds are
starting to jawbone foreign governments just like the World Bank used to.

Case cited was Fidelity Investments calling Mexican bank officials during
the Peso crisis after the recent assasination.  They said "we'll invest
another $18 billion (of ours and other fund's money) if you do what we say
and if not..."

DCF

"If they hadn't killed quite so many people, you'd almost have to feel
sorry for them."

--- WinQwk 2.0b#1165