alt.random.*

Matthew Ghio ghio at cmu.edu
Tue Jun 14 13:14:21 PDT 1994

hughes at ah.com (Eric Hughes) wrote:

|    Might it be appropriate, though, to create an alt group for that purpose?
|
| One has already been created:  alt.numbers.random
|

| Check it out; it's really there, and needs some traffic.  In order to
| make the numbers really look random (in order to satisfy the group
| charter), though, please strip off any PGP headers before posting.
|
| You may post factorizations of peoples public keys to
| alt.numbers.prime, as well.
|
| Thanks to Eric Hollander for actually creating the group.  The two of
| us have lots more in the alt.numbers.* hierarchy.
|
| Er, software to effectively use this forum would be appreciated.
|
| Eric

I couldn't find alt.numbers.random, or any alt.numbers.* groups, on any of the
news-servers that I tried.  Perhaps you need to newgroup it again.

Yes, I really did look.  I tried all of the following NNTP servers.  None of
them had it.  I don't know where else I could look...

news.belwue.de, 129.143.2.4
news.fu-berlin.de, 130.133.4.250
news.uni-stuttgart.de, 129.69.8.13
newsserver.rrzn.uni-hannover.de 130.75.2.1
shakti.ncst.ernet.in 144.16.1.1
lsi.lsil.com 147.145.40.2
kaiwan.com 192.215.30.2
oaklabs01.apl.com 155.14.8.3