Announce: Secure HTTP Draft Specification (fwd)

Harry Bartholomew bart at netcom.com
Sat Jun 11 04:44:31 PDT 1994

Forwarded message:
> From commercenet-request at commerce.NET Sat Jun 11 02:32:46 1994
> Date: Sat, 11 Jun 94 01:17:50 PDT
> From: wtwong at eitech.eit.com (William Tao-Yang Wong)
> To: commercenet at ibs.eit.COM, network-wg at ibs.eit.COM
> Cc: heathman at commerce.net
> Subject: Announce: Secure HTTP Draft Specification
>
> A draft specification for Secure HTTP has been released.  You may retrieve it
> via any of the following methods:
>
> WWW: http://www.commerce.net/information/standards/drafts/shttp.txt
> Email: shttp-info at commerce.net (Automatic response)
> Anonymous FTP: ftp.commerce.net/pub/standards/drafts/shttp.txt
>

> William

   Secure HTTP (S-HTTP) provides secure communication mechanisms between
   an HTTP client-server pair.  Our design intent is to provide a flexi-
   ble protocol that supports multiple operation modes and cryptographic
   algorithms and formats through option negotiation between the tran-
   saction parties.

1.1.  Summary of Features

   Secure HTTP has been designed to enable incorporation of various
   cryptographic message format standards into Web clients and servers,
   including, but not limited to, PKCS-7, PEM, and PGP. S-HTTP supports
   interoperation among a variety of implementations, and is backward
   compatible with HTTP.  ...